Von: Michael Biebl [mailto:biebl@teco.edu]
Gesendet: Montag, 7. Juli 2003 20:35
An: Yildiz, Murat
Cc: 'debian-user@lists.debian.org'
Betreff: Re: Root password 2 times and Tape problem

Yildiz, Murat wrote:

> Hi,
> if I want to login remotely I have to enter the root password 2 times.It
> asks the password again after the first time.
> Why does it accept the same password at the second time?

Hi,
im sure it's a pam issue. I assume you use ssh for remote login, so
could you please post your /etc/pam.d/ssh. Otherwise please post your
/etc/pam.d/login if you use rlogin.

Michael

E-Mail: biebl@teco.edu
WWW: http://www.teco.edu/

TecO (Telecooperation Office) Vincenz-Priessnitz-Str.1
University of Karlsruhe 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany