Re: Mozilla bookmarks

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 04:11:36PM +0700, Oki DZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why do you need to exit from Mozilla first before the bookmarks get
> permanently stored on disk? I mean, when you have saved a bookmark and
> Moz crashes, the new bookmarks wouldn't get stored.

Probably because it stores the bookmarks in memory and doesn't bother
writing them to disk until it needs to, ie. when you shut it down so
it can't keep them in memory anymore. Lots of apps do this sort of
thing. The general rule is that if an app crashes you can expect to
lose anything you've done in it that you haven't explicitly saved to
disk.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons