Re: XMMS unable to play streaming audio (pls)

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 01:15:15AM +0100, Mark C wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 01:02, Bijan Soleymani wrote:
>
> > What happens if you open xmms, press Control-L to open a location and
> > then paste in the URL.
>
> nothing, it doesn't even show up after I press ok,
> I have been going into the playlist window and then pressing the URL
> button and doing it that way, which I presume is the same as you
> mentioned?
>
> It plays mp3 and everything else fine, just not streaming

oh right, sorry about that, in the open location field you have to put
in the real URL and not the m3u or pls file. So just download the pls
file and then when you open it up you should see an url of the form:
http://www.something.com/song.mp3

Just enter that into xmms and it should work fine.

I can confirm that this works this way with the streams on:
http://www.dr-yo.com/radio/index.html

Bijan