XMMS unable to play streaming audio (pls)

Hi,

In my quest to try to get streaming audio playing from shoutcast and
mozilla, I have been unable to get xmms to play any *.pls files or any
URL's, When I click on the url tab and enter a url, it doesn't even
attempt to try to play them, I've tried xmms from woody, testing and now
unstable and still the same.

I've also installed every single xmms plugin available from the main
official debian repositories, from what I can see there isn't a
dedicated plugin available to do this (I may be wrong).

I've tried googling, but not much joy, and xmms documentation leaves a
lot to be desired.

Thanks In Advance

Mark