Re: kernel 2.2.x or 2.4.x ?

Nicos wrote:
Mostly because the 2.4 series had some serious (as in "don't use for
production machines") problems when Woody was locked.

Understood.

Is kernel 2.4.21 considered safe for a production machine now?
I'm configuring an internet router and have been advised to use 2.4.21
 - I have also considered LRP but that distribution seems to be
crumbling and unsupported : my main concern is security and I am
prepared to stretch my brain to achieve this.

Any comments welcome.

Shango.
---