Re: local mirror based on APT source.list format?

Alexander Schmehl wrote:

> * Daniel B. <dsb@smart.net> [030705 00:08]:
>
> > What I'd like to have it this:
> > - A cron job updates my local mirror.
> > - When I decide to install a package, APT installs from the local
> >   mirror.
>
> Maybe you are looking for apt-proxy?

No.

Apt-proxy "builds up a partial Debian mirror, containing those files
which have been *requested* *by* *clients*" (per the apt-proxy page
at http://apt-proxy.sourceforge.net/).

I said I wanted to have packages downloaded *before* I decide to
install something (so I don't have to wait for a slow download at
the time I decide to install something).

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
dsb@smart.net