Disabling X from listening to port 6000 the debian way!

Hello,

Its just another warm Saturday afternoon and I'm trying to up the
security of the local network.  I've noticed that I had port 1024 open
and port 6000 open, presumably for wdm and X11 respectively

Since I use only ssh to forward X connections, I'd rather not have
X listening to the entire world.  Googling, I found that editing
"/usr/bin/X11/startx" and changing two lines to:

	defaultserverargs="-nolisten tcp"
	serverargs="-nolisten tcp"

And then editing /etc/X11/wdm/Xservers and change the line to:
	local /usr/bin/X11/X -nolisten tcp

Port 6000 ends up closed, but port 1024 is still open!

How do I close port 1024?

And was my method of disabling port 6000 the 'right' way of doing it
under debian?

Thanks,

Jesse Meyer
--
         icq: 34583382 / msn: dasunt@hotmail.com / yim: tsunad

   "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we
    pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr : Mother Night