Re: compiling lufs

Sebastian Kapfer wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 21:20:11 +0200, Ken Bloom wrote:

I've also tried from the kernel source directory (Adding
--append-to-version) but the module has unresolved symbols when I run
depmod.

I get unresolved symbols here, too. Other modules work fine (ALSA, LIRC,
NVIDIA). IMHO this is a bug in lufs or the Debian packaging of it, but I
didn't investigate :-)

pretzalz@Pretzalz:/usr/src/modules/lufs$ less debian/README.Debian
lufs for Debian

This package does not contain the kernel driver source, not yet. I recommend to
use the kernel patch available from http://lufs.sourceforge.net/lufs/ or
included in the WOLK (http://wolk.sf.net).

 -- Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>, Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:55:56 +0100

I never did figure out what exactly this meant, but I tried downloading/applying the patch found at http://lufs.sourceforge.net/lufs/[actually I applied the 2.4.20 patch to 2.4.21, but it did apply cleanly], but never got it to work[always got unresolved symbols].