kernel compile the debian way

Hello,

I'm new to compiling kernels the debian way.

This is how I do it:
make menuconfig
make dep
make-kpkg clean
fakeroot make-kpkg --append_to_version -468 --revision=rev.01 kernel_image modules_image
dpkg -i kernel-image-2.4.21-468_rev.01_i386.deb

Now that works fine except it moves the kernel I now use to
vmlinuz.old.

Every time I install a new kernel it moves the kernel I am using at
that time to vmlinuz.old (the symlink).

Can I configure that it just adds a new entry in lilo?

Thanks in advance,

--
Rudy Gevaert                rudy@zeus.UGent.be
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org