Re: Compiling kernel with patches

Le Samedi 5 Juillet 2003 18:14, Kevin McKinley a déclamé :
> >  Do you know a way to check if a patch was successfully applied ?
> If you redirect the output of your make-kpkg command line to a file,
> you can examine the file. There will be messages to let you know
> whether or not the patches were applied.

 Done, and I didn't find anything about 'patch' :-(

> When you install the kernel .deb, the file /boot/patches-<kernel_name>
> has the names of all patches that were applied.

 Nothing there. One proof more that it has failed.

> I would suggest changing the ownership of your /usr/src/kernel-patches
> tree to your_user_name.src:
> bash:/usr/src# chown -R christophe.src kernel-patches

 I will uninstall all source packages, install clean versions from a
2.4.20, and run the compilation as root. That at least should work...

 BTW, which package shall I use to have the recent patches to improve
responsivness ? kernel-patch-ck ? lowlatency (and which version ??) ?
preempt ? I've found all these :

 kernel-patch-2.4-lowlatency
kernel-patch-2.4-preempt
kernel-patch-lowlatency-2.4

--
Christophe Courtois - Ostwald, Alsace, France
http://www.courtois.cc/ - Clé PGP : 0F33E837