Re: Bootable Rescue CD-ROM

Sebastian Kapfer wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 15:40:18 +0200, Kent West wrote:

I use Knoppix (http://www.knoppix.org).

As I wrote in my original email, Knoppix seems to fight with a chrooted
lilo. Don't know why though...

Sorry, I guess I missed that.

That is a mystery. I used it just yesterday to chroot into a dual-boot setup that WinXP had been reinstalled on and had overwritten the mbr, and was able to run lilo fine. But that's moot, as you obviously know about Knoppix and have found it to be not quite what you're looking for.

Mark L. Kahnt wrote:

While Kent doesn't fall into this group, there are some on the list that
seem to reply "Boot Knoppix" as the response to anything.

Hmm, I _think_ I'm honored . . .   :-)

(At least, that's the way I'm taking it. Thanks, Mark!)

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)