Bootable Rescue CD-ROM

I'm looking for a bootable rescue CD-ROM with some Linux-based OS on it
(preferrably Debian). It should include utilities like fdisk and mkfs,
parted, grub, bash (please, no ash!), vim, ssh and a reasonable ftp (what
about ncftp) client. lynx, X are nice, but not a requirement. It should be
capable of mounting common filesystems like ext2, xfs, vfat.

I've looked into Knoppix, which is a little overweighted (KDE3) and
somehow failed to get along with a chrooted lilo the last time I used it
(rendering the disc essentially useless for my purpose). Maybe a
customized Knoppix CD-ROM would do the trick.

Any comments? What do you use?

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!