Re: Newbie to spamassassin- How to make it learn?

On Friday 04 July 2003 9:34 am, SRIKANTH NS wrote:
> Hi
> Disgusted with the amount of spam received, I installed
> Spamassassin2.54 and configured it, It works properly for the past one
> month. I use fetchmail to receive mail and invoke sylpheed to read
> them from /var/spool/ mail/ srikanth folder and the spam goes to
> "caughtspam " file in my home directory .
>
> Nowadays I see one or two mails slipping past spamassassin. I saw that
> spamassassin can be trained. man pages did not reveal much. Since the
> mails are read in sylpheed how to point it out to SA?
> sa-learn command also does not work, it says command is not found.
> Can any body give some pointers or some links where tutroials can be
> read.?
> Thanks in advance
>
> N S Srikanth

I do this:

sa-learn --spam --dir /home/Marino/Mail/Spam/cur
sa-learn --ham --dir /home/Marino/Mail/inbox/cur

Note that /home/Marino/Mail/Spam/cur is the directory where I keep spam (I use
KMail). /home/Marino/Mail/inbox/cur is where my good mail is (ham).