HI Liunx Help ??

I installed Debian woddy via the net using DHCP for my network configuration
and a cable modem however I wasn't able to specify the domain name for the
system...... I already have a registered domain name .....I'm pretty new to
this so as you can tell I'm stomped. I'm trying to host a small site on the
box however I can get bind to configure and I'm thinking it's because the
system doesn't know it domain name I do get a return for hostname
however..........Along with that I'm trying to host mail for the site and
I've found that with the exim configuration option 1 c(internet site ) my
mail is delivered only locally . I'm trying to get this this to send out
nail as me@mydomain.com  I know I have to give the nameservers to my
registrar but can you point me in the right direction as far as what I so be
doing on my end ....

I'm Stranded.........