Re: Activating vim color?

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:01:35 -0400
"Derrick 'dman' Hudson" <dman@dman13.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 10:45:50AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> |     For example I load some sample Python code into vim and kgim (gvim
> | didn't start for some reason).  Here's the differences:

> Was gvim not installed (the 'vim' package doesn't include the GUI) or
> did it give an error?

    Yeah, I hadn't seen that gvim was split out to gtk-vim.  Installed that
for a better comparison.

> |               vim             kvim
> | comments:     cyan            dark grey
> | import:       dark blue       light green
> | keywords:     yellow          yellow (shocker!)
> | quoted:       purple          cyan
> | normal:       white           white

> Here's what I get :
>                vim             gvim
>  comments:     cyan            blue (softer than cyan)
>  import:       blue            purple-ish (softer than magenta)
>  keywords:     yellow          yellow
>  quoted:       magenta         pink-ish
>  normal:       white           white

    Yup, that matches with what I have.  I nuked my .gvimrc and added the
three lines you did.  Still not close enough, IMO.  The main problem is that
while most of those are "close" they are either muted or, in the case of
quoted strings, a different color completely.