RE: Generating custom ssl certificate

I followed these instructions a while back and they worked for me.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/

<snip>
Now I've got my server installed, how do I create a test certificate?

Step one - create the key and request:

  openssl req -new > new.cert.csr

Step two - remove the passphrase from the key (optional):

  openssl rsa -in privkey.pem -out new.cert.key

Step three - convert request into signed cert:

   openssl x509 -in new.cert.csr -out new.cert.cert -req -signkey
new.cert.key -days 365

The Apache-SSL directives that you need to use the resulting cert are:

  SSLCertificateFile /path/to/certs/new.cert.cert
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/certs/new.cert.key

Matt