Re: Trying Again

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003 01:30:14 +0200, Abrasive wrote:

> work.  Although I've been told that the newer kernel supports that card.
> SO, which files do I need to download(kernel image, package, etc) that I
> can put on a CD
> and copy to the Debian machine.  And then what do I do with those files?
> Thanks for the help on my previous questions, and thanks for the help
> with this one...

You need kernel-image-2.4-whatever-you-want.deb. Search for
kernel-image-2.4 on http://packages.debian.org/. You can install the
package via dpkg -i filename.

On an internet connected system or one with proper apt-cdrom setup, you
could also use

apt-cache search kernel-image-2.4

and

apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.21-k7

(just an example)

Have fun :-)

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!