Re: Forcing installation over unmet dependencies

* Morten Eriksen <mortene@sim.no> [030702 10:59]:
> How can I force apt-get to ignore the unmet dependency, or otherwise
> get the libqt3-dev package installed?
> Is there a general mechanism for telling the package manipulation
> system "don't bother with this package, I've already got what it
> provides covered from another source"?

There are a couple of ways. I think all of them are explained in the
section 2.2 of the Debian Reference by Osamo Aoki[1]. This is an
excellent document and should be your first port of call for most
Debian related questions.

apt-get install debian-refernce

Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.4.21-looxt93c #1 Thu Jun 26 15:38:09 JST 2003