Re: please help me to edit Xconfig!

I have a Nvidia Geforce 2 MX 400 32mb card that is also a little picky.  If
you do not have dual monitors I would suggest using debconf to set up the
Xconfig file.

One thing to remember about this card is it hates the frame buffer, so make
sure when you run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 make sure you say no to
frame buffer.
Also make sure you edit out dri Module, GLcore, also change your driver to
Nvidia instead ov NV.  Also make sure you follow the README in the nvidia
section on what to leave out.  Because I can't remember for sure but I know
that you need to not include the DRI section.

If you can not unset the framebuffer you might need to rerun the base config
setup again.  This should get you up and running, if not give google groups a
try, it has a lot of information about this.

Rthoreau