Re: make-kpkg: permission denied making modules_image

Hi,

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> also sprach Kevin McKinley <ronin2@bellatlantic.net> [2003.06.29.2015 +0200]:
> > Try a different syntax for make-kpkg:
> >
> > fakeroot make-kpkg --options
>
> How will that help. It is actually trying to create a file under
> /usr/src while being called as a non-root user. fakeroot won't
> magically allow that...

Setup:
1.- Add yourself to the "src" group (/usr/src/ belongs to root.src)
2.- Check that /usr/src/modules belongs to root.src, and has the sticky
    bit on:

    $ls -lsd /usr/src/modules/
   4 drwxrwsr-x    2 root     src          4096 Jun 26 15:34 /usr/src/modules//

    If not, change it

    $ sudo chown root.src /usr/src/modules
    $ sudo chmod g+sw /usr/src/modules

Compilation:
1.- uncompress modules sources as yourself (not root) in
    /usr/src/modules/
2.- go to your kernel-tree and
    $ fakeroot make-kpkg ....

Hope this helps,

Jaume

--
Please answer to the group/list. Don't CC me.