Re: Looking for tips on ppp problem: LCP ConfReq

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 04:00:54PM +0200, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 07:33:46AM +0200, Thomas Krennwallner wrote:
> > What are the modem manufacturers? Do you connect with a US Robotics on
> > the gateway and with the internal modem of the laptop?
>
> Same modem, both cases, a Dynalink external 56K modem. I ahve an old
> US Robotics 28800 as well though, I could give that a try...

I think I'm going to give up on that machine for now. I connected the
dynalink to my normal desktop machine, with, again, identical
configuration, and it worked without a hitch. (OK, this time not the
identical software, since I run sid on this machine.) The US Robotics
28800 modem I have, doesn't want to talk to the gateway machine. (It
doesn't respond as required to the AT* commands sent to it.) However,
plug that modem into the laptop, and again, no problems. So I now
believe it must be something else, e.g. serial problems, not modem/ppp
configuration.

I will maybe investigate the problem more some other day, in the mean
time I'm going to dial with my sid box.

Thanks, all.
Hugo van der Merwe
--
The earth's surface is accelerating outward at 9.8 meters per sec^2
1024D/60715698: 5F2E 8EC2 E0A4 5D25 0569  F281 4A6C D76D 6071 5698