Re: Linux debian source code.

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 15:15, Fabio Miranda Hamburger wrote:
> How can i get the source code of linux debian -stable?
> If I want to get it from a ftp mirror, what would be the full directory
> to reach it?

No offense intended but your question either isn't very clear or
indicates that you do not understand the nature of a Linux
distribution.  There is no source code to Linux Debian per se.  There's
source code to the Linux kernel, which is available at kernel.org.  It
isn't Debian specific - it's used by all the distributions.  (Some
distributions may provide a custom, patched kernel but they're all based
on the main kernel.  I don't believe Debian does any custom patches to
their default kernel but I could be mistaken.)  There are a grunch of
mirrors, and many different versions.  The exact URL will depend on the
mirror and version you choose.

The rest of the Debian distribution consists of a plethora of different
packages, written by thousands of different people.  Almost all of them
have source code available but the location depends upon the specific
application or utility you're talking about.

Many, though not all, Debain packages have source packages.  There are
kernel source packages.  You can install the source via apt-get,
dselect, aptitude, etc.

Hope this helps.