Re: ps/2 mouse is not loaded by the kernel (neither is usb mouse)

El(On) 28/06/2003 (15:25:27), Arlo escribió(wrote):
> I've been looking all over the net trying trying to solve this problem,
> I found a few posts where people had the same problem, but no solution.
>
>  'cat /proc/interrupts' reveals:
>  11:      10394      10590   IO-APIC-level  eth0
>  14:       6296       3945    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
> So irq 12 is not being associated with the psaux device.  After some
> searching I've learned that only after it's loaded will the irq be
> used.  So the kernel is not loading the driver then.
>
> 'cat /proc/misc' shows:
>   1 psaux
>
> Searching dmesg, this is the only relevent line:
> mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
> In /var/log/syslog I found
> kernel: mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
> kernel: Detected PS/2 Mouse Port.
>
> It doesn't state that a mouse was detected though.
> I'm using the 2.4.18 kernel-sources with the 3.0 r1 release.
> The kernel configuration for character devices looks like this:
> Under Character-Mice
> <M> Bus Mouse Support
> <*> Mouse Support (not serial and bus mice)
> [*] PS/2 mouse (aka "auxiliary device") support
>
> I've recompiled it a few times, trying Bus Mouse support and other
> things.  I'm pretty sure this is the correct configuration and should
> work.

Do you see garbage when you run 'cat /dev/psaux' and you move the mouse?

  Marcelo Ramos                  |      \/       __    |
  Debian Sid GNU/Linux 2.4.21    |              |_/    /
  Socio UYLUG Nro 125            |                     \
  Linux registered user #118109  |_____|\/|_____|\______\