Re: eth0/1

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 08:49:37AM -0500, matt zagrabelny wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 22:35, Arthur H. Johnson II wrote:
> > In /etc/modules.conf you can assign whatever you like to whatever module.
> > For example:
> >
> > alias eth0 8139too
> > alias eth1 eepro100
> >
> > you get the gist I hope.
> >

> how would you do it if you wanted it compiled into the kernel, or can it
> not be done?

I think it depends on the order in which the cards are initialised.  I'm
not sure of the exact algorithm, but it will be the same every boot,
provided the kernel, machine and slot for each card remains constant.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?