identify correct boot hd for grub

Hi,

i want to move from lilo to grub.
I have a 2 harddisk setup where hda is windowsxp and hdb is linux.
My fstab file:

/dev/hdb1 /  ext3 errors=remount-ro 0 1
/dev/hdb5 none  swap sw   0 0
/dev/hdb6 /home ext3 defaults   0 2
/dev/hdb7 /var ext3 defaults   0 2
/dev/hdb8 /tmp ext3 defaults   0 2
/dev/hdb9 /usr ext3 defaults   0 2
/dev/hda5 /usr/local/windata vfat defaults,gid=windows,umask=007 0 0
/dev/scd0 /cdrw iso9660 ro,user,noauto 0  0
/dev/cdrom /cdrom  iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0 0
proc  /proc  proc defaults  0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy  auto user,noauto  0 0
/dev/sda1 /usr/local/camera vfat defaults,user,noauto 0  0

In my lilo conf, boot=/dev/hda and root=/dev/hdb1 and lilo
is installed to /dev/hda in the MBR.

Am i correct in understanding that to install grub i would
need to do:
  grub-install /dev/hda --root-directory=/dev/hdb1

I checked the documentation but this didn't seem clear to me.

Also, i have specified the framebuffer like vga=791
Woud this be correct for grub:

# kopt=root=/dev/hda1 ro
# kopt=vga=791 ro hdd=ide-scsi

As i understand, these need to be commented out but can i use several
kopt lines in the same menu.lst?

Thanks.