Re: cdrom creation

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 12:54:28PM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> I burnt a cdrom, with everything in the / directory, and the Packages.gz
> reflected this.

Do the paths in the Packages.gz file look reasonable?

> If things worked as I think they should, I know I shouldn't think ;-),
> should it try and grab the files from the cdrom first?

It depends.  apt tries each source in /etc/apt/sources.list, in order,
and stops when it finds the first source that has the particular package
at the particular version you want.  You can use 'apt-cache policy
packagename' to which versions of packagename apt knows about, and where
it thinks it can find them.

If apt sees the packages on the CD, then it's probably just that the CD
lines are *after* the Internet mirrors in your sources.list.  Swap 'em
round and it should hit the CDs first.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?