Re: Correct Java for the Firebird package?

Hi!

I am using the Blackdown java client, but I tried the Sun's java client too with moz firebird. (http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/mirrors.html) You must link the javaplugin_oji.so file to ~/.mozilla/plugins dir instead of the ~/.phoenix/plugins dir. If this is not working, try to link that javaplugin_oji.so file to the MozillaFirebird install dir, where is a plugins dir too. It has a file called libnullplugin.so.
I am using this last version now.
If you start the firebird browser type this in the location bar:

about:plugins

there you can see which plugins you have installed.

Hope it helps!

Todd Pytel wrote:
I grabbed the nifty xft-enabled Moz-Firebird package for testing last
week, but can't seem to get Java working on it. I was previously using
Sun's 1.4.1_02 package along with the compatibility deb for the old C++
library - that worked fine on Debian's Mozilla and on mozilla.org's
Phoenix/Firebird. But after trying various alternatives, the Debian
Firebird package doesn't pick up on any of the plugins. Right now I've
got Sun 1.4.1_03, which works in Mozilla 1.0.0, but not in Firebird.
There are no error messages if I start Firebird from a terminal, and
from what I can understand of the ldd output, both Mozilla-Firebird-bin
and mozilla-bin are compiled against the same libraries. What am I
missing here?

Thanks,
Todd

--