unable to install libpam0g ?

Hi,

I'm trying to install a new Debian system on a replacement machine, and can't get it to install properly.

I boot, setup the base system, and as soon as I try to dist-upgrade it (using "unstable"), I get the following while trying to install libpam0g :

E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on libpam-modules

I'm stumped. I've browsed thru the debian list archives without any result.

I'm (almost) sure it has nothing to do with the fact I'm upgrading to "unstable" since I use 2 other machines on "unstable" and never met this problem.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Jeff