Re: unable to install libpam0g ?

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Jeff Gratton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install a new Debian system on a replacement machine, and
> can't get it to install properly.
>
> I boot, setup the base system, and as soon as I try to dist-upgrade it
> (using "unstable"), I get the following while trying to install libpam0g :
>
> E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on
> libpam-modules
>
> I'm stumped. I've browsed thru the debian list archives without any result.
>
> I'm (almost) sure it has nothing to do with the fact I'm upgrading to
> "unstable" since I use 2 other machines on "unstable" and never met this
> problem.
>
> Any ideas ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

Basically APT can't handle the dependency problem that develops here.
Basically look in /var/cache/apt/archives.  You should have libpam0g and
libpam-modules in there.  Here is the exact commands I used:

cd /var/cache/apt/archives
dpkg -i libpam0g_0.76-12_i386.deb libpam-modules_0.76-12_i386.deb

Then I could dist-upgrade to my hearts content.  I am sure this problem
will go away eventually, but for the immediate future here you are.

--
Arthur H. Johnson II, arthur@usol.com
AIM:  bytor4232