restrict x server access with xhost

I can enable other users to log into my x server with xhost +, I need to do this because I want ro run a program via user web crontab which uses xmessage.

Idealy I would like only root user to be able to access my x server ... (less users who can access it, more secure ... rule of thumb) so I tried ...

web@debian:~$ xhost local:root
non-network local connections being added to access control list
web@debian:~$
web@debian:~$ xhost
access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
LOCAL:
web@debian:~$
web@debian:~$

This appears to allow any user on my machine to access my x server. Is there a way to restrict it to root only ?

Dave