Re: [Solved] Large X Fonts after switching to font server

> Karol writes:
>
> > >    I switched from using font files to using a font server and now the
> > > standard font size is larger, especially on Mozilla. For example,
> > > Mozilla's 'Preference' page takes up practically 90% of the screen
> > > vertically as before it was more of a normal window. Plus, the link
> > > names in the "Personal Toolbar" just above the browser's content area
> > > are pretty large and not as many fit onto it as before.
> >
> > Try to exclude from configuration 100dpi fonts or set the default
> > fonts to 75dpi.

   Mozilla's system font size can be adjusted via the userChrome.css
file in:

       ~/.mozilla/default/XXX/chrome/userChrome.css

in my case, simply adding to the end of the file:

* {
   font-size: 12pt !important
}

did the trick.

   OTOH, gtk's (1.x) font size is adjustable via the ~/.gtkrc file:

style "smaller-text" {
  font="-*-Charter-Medium-R-Normal--14-*"
}

widget_class "*" style "smaller-text"

   I guess because there was such a smaller choice of fonts available
before, the server was forced to use the smaller fonts and when more
were available, a better match was made.

   Thank you, Elizabeth