Re: Creative Audigy

Please don't top post, it's really quite annoying.

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 02:46:13AM +0100, Grzesiek Sedek wrote:
 On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 18:20, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> > james leclair wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello all. Having trouble getting sound running under stable woody since
> > > upgrading sound card to SB Audigy from SB 16. Did get my gforce4 vid
> > > card working thanks to this list! Can anyone point me to a good
> > > walkthrough/tutorial? Currently running kernel 2.4.18 with soundcore
> > > module installed. Thnaks!
> > >

> > Get and install the drivers from http://opensource.creative.com
> >
> > Worked perfectly for me.
>
> You should use ALSA,
> if you are using stock kernel you could install all of it through
> apt-get.

More specifically, install alsa-source, kernel-headers-`uname -r` and
kernel-package, and read /usr/share/doc/alsa-source/README.Debian.gz.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?