Re: memory leaks

matt zagrabelny wrote:
On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 17:45, Shyamal Prasad wrote:

   "matt" == matt zagrabelny <z@saturnsys.com> writes:

   matt> hi, after boot my system runs out of memory in ~36-48 hours.

What precisely happens when you "run out of memory"? Also, what
version of Debian are you running.

the normal scenario is i leave my computer running at night and then i
come down in the morning and find applications (usually the big boys,
evolution, opera) to be gone. i check top and find i have roughly 4M of
memory left (no swap is left). i reboot and start over. sometimes i will

do not reboot. try to figure out who uses a lot of memory. use e.g. top or some other program (lavaps:-) to see which program uses most memory.

also, when you boot set up top to run in batch mode and redirect it to file (man top), that way you can see what happened over time (some offenders might not be running anymore).

	erik