Re: installing mouse

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 05:27:17PM -0400, Leonard Stevens wrote:
> I am a new user or in the act of trying to be one. My problem at least at
> this stage is I can't get Linux to recognize my bus mouse. I made the
> mistake of installing xwindows and it goes straight there but without a
> mouse. I told it in setup that it was a bus ps/2 mouse but it could care
> less. I couldn't figure a way out so I reformatted the disk and started
> over. This time I made the mistake of installing the desktop and had the
> same result. I ounce more reformatted and am about to try a third time. How
> in gods name do I get it to install a mouse driver??????

You don't need to reformat whenever you make a mistake.  Anyway, a bus
mouse... I don't currently have access to my system that has one.  What
does the X logfile (/var/log/XFree86.0.log) say whenever you try running
X?  Which device are you telling X that the mouse is on?  There are a
few mouse entries in /dev; determine which one is the correct one for
your system and use it (logibm, psaux, inportbm, atibm, jbm).

--
Seneca
seneca-cunningham@rogers.com