Re: logging apt-get/dpkg activity

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> Care to enlighten us? I didn't see anything outside POSIX sh other than
> the use of echo escape sequences.

     The redirection " 2>&1" isn't portable - it doesn't work with
/bin/dash.  I have the impression the back-quotes for command
redirection aren't standard either - at least a number of people
object to them.  I am not familiar with any shell other than bash, so
I'm never sure what is or is not a bashism.

Regards,

Bob
--
   _