Re: nfs through dsl router

James Strandboge wrote:
> Matt Price wrote:
> > /etc/exports:
> > /home/me  *(rw)
> > (obviously not a good plan for permanent use...)

> Ouch.  You may already be hacked.

Agreed.  That scares me just thinking about it.  Script kiddies are
always probing my network for NFS vulnerabilities.  If you do, start
an office pool for how long your machines lasts before it is found and
cracked.  :-)

> I'd recommend scp.  If you must have nfs, it is possible to use nfs with
> ssh.  See:
>
> http://www.samag.com/documents/s=4072/sam0203d/sam0203d.htm

Good article.  Thanks for sharing that.

I would also recommend reading the VPN HOWTO.  The 'secvpn' package
may be of use to you in this area.  Creating a full VPN between your
computers may be what you are looking for.

Bob