Re: debian

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 15:01, Joris Huizer wrote:
> --- Mark Roach <mrroach@okmaybe.com> wrote:
>
> > Wow, there must really be something wrong with me,
> > because I actually
> > _like_ the debian installer. I find it simple and
> > flexible. I can't say
> > I have ever tried to install on a machine where I
> > didn't know what
> > hardware was in it... actually I don't think I've
> > ever _had_ a machine
> > where I didn't know what hardware was in it.

> Well, the same is true for me! The only thing was a
> bit of configuration to get my nvidia card working -
> and getting a mouse to work; I never had much trouble
> understanding questions even though I didn't know much
> about the hardware (and the mouse problem was a silly
> mistake of me)
>
> Joris

> http://sbc.yahoo.com

I've dealt with machines where I didn't know the hardware included - if
you do computer consulting, that happens a lot. I tell clients that if
they don't have the documentation for a particular device, I make no
guarantees that they will be able to use it. I make no guarantees
anyhow, given the unpredictability of system difficulties.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org