Re: cannot access my computer (debian woody)

On Fri, June 20 at  4:22 PM EDT
Jean-marc Belley <j.m.belley@videotron.ca> wrote:

> I have a problem to access my computer
> because i change something that affect to login
> to my computer. When i tried to login in root
> or any user, i have the following error:
>
> Cannot execute /bin/bash: Exec format error
>
> I boot with a rescue disk and have the same
> error. So i can't access my system at all.
>
> Any help would be appreciate.
I think I have had a similar error when I tried installing older glibc?
versions to get an older program running.  Well fortunately I hadn't
removed the original libraries, just moved the links to point to
different libraries.  I was able to boot to a different OS (a woody
install on my old HD) mount the drive and remake the links, after that I
was able to boot up normally and log in, etc...  Did you do something
like that? What is the "something" you think you did?

Shawn Lamson
shawn.lamson@verizon.net
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0