Re: how to view changelogs?

On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 04:33, K S Sreeram wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 14:17, Mark Janssen wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 07:57, K S Sreeram wrote:
> >
> > apt-get install apt-listchanges
> >
> > I'll display relevant changelog entries on updated packages
> >

> I just tried to install apt-listchanges, but it seems to be
> uninstallable on testing.
> apt-listchanges depends on 'python-apt' which is broken in testing.
> Would it be safe to install the unstable version of 'python-apt' so that
> apt-listchanges can be made to work?

If python-apt doesn't work it shouldn't break anything too serious.
(i.e. it won't break apt, or dpkg, or libc, or anything critical) If it
gives you problems just do an "apt-get remove --purge python-apt" and
you'll be back where you were before.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837