Re: cannot access my computer (debian woody)

On Sat, June 21 at  5:54 PM EDT
Jean-marc Belley <j.m.belley@videotron.ca> wrote:

> I don't remember exactly what i did, that the problem.
> I think i run the ./bin/bash command and maybe
> cause some library to link somewhere else. Since, i reinstall woody
> on my machine to fix the problem. It's for the next
> time; How i can login when you have this kind of error to fix it.
> The problem is i have only Woody on this machine
> and no other os.

Another method is to boot up with the boot floppy or install CD and use
the shell there to mount your HD and make changes to the files.  I
believe when you get to the first screen of the "install" you just go to
the second virtual terminal  (ctrl+alt+F2) and you will have a shell
prompt.

Shawn Lamson
shawn.lamson@verizon.net
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0