Re: how to view changelogs?

On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 00:57, K S Sreeram wrote:
> [debian sarge]
>
> Hi
>
> After i do a 'apt-get update', Is there a convenient tool to look at
> what has changed in the updated packages, before downloading the
> packages and installing them?
>
> Thanks in Advance!
> Regards

There certainly is. It's called apt-listchanges. It does exactly what
you're asking. You may also want to get apt-listbugs. It will connect to
the BTS server and check for any grave or critical bugs filed against
any packages you're upgrading and then give you the option of stopping
installation, holding the package at an older version, or proceeding
anyway. If you're knowledgeable enough to be able to separate the bogus
reports from the valid ones it's a good tool to have.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837