Re: New line with xmessage?

Vineet Kumar wrote:

* David selby (debian@pusspaws.net) [030620 11:07]:
Many thanks everyone, xmessage -file xxx seems to work, It seems to take the formatting from the file and not have a problem, strange it can't take it directly from "" however will remember this workaround.

It works with quotes if you do as Florian suggested:

xmessage "foo
bar
baz"

good times,
Vineet
Yep, sure does ... I didn't originaly think this would be of use till I realised I could literaly split the line up in vi, make the script executable and it came out as I wanted ...I thought it only worked on the command line.

This is a good way to go it.

Dave
(many thanks Florian)