Convenient way to UN-install build deps

If I want to install the build-dependencies of a package (to build my own
copy with a patch), I run apt-get build-dep <package name>. That's OK. But
how do I get rid of them?

Is there a convenient way to say "uninstall the build-dependencies of
package xyz, save those which other packages depend on"? Of course, this
command shouldn't uninstall things that I deliberately installed...

I hacked together a quick&dirty script which solves this problem. It
parses the .dsc record of a source package I specify, and then builds a
"xyz-build-deps" package out of that, which of course depends on the
build-depependencies of xyz. That way I can make use of APT's ability to
keep track of automatically selected packages. Uninstalling the build-deps
package also removes any unused build-dependencies.

Is there a more "official" approach for this problem? My script works
pretty good, but before spending hours polishing it, I'd like to know if
there is a ready-made solution.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!