Re: debian, request help

Thanks, but this installs Knoppix. I want to install Debian. Is
Knoppix a clone of one of the Debian distributions? Do I just use
apt-get dist-upgrade? Or what? And which distribution do I get?
Potato, Woody, Sarge, Sid?

Also, to run as root, I need to know the root password for Knoppix.
It is not a password that I have setup while booting from CD. But I
suppose that it is something I can discover from the Knoppix CD, or
maybe someone will tell me.