Re: debian

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 13:42, Bijan Soleymani wrote:

> What about a Box that says:
> "Do you want me to AutoDetect your hardware?
> Yes or No"

I'm not saying that I think autodetection is a bad idea, just that I
don't particularly need/want it, and I don't imagine the people who
write the debian installer particularly need/want it either, and that
that is probably why it hasn't happened. It's that whole itch scratching
thing that open source people are always talking about :-) RedHat et al
have that particular itch because they want to make money, debian folks
are doing it for themselves in most cases

-Mark