Re: USB adsl modem

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 05:57:46 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:28:18PM +0200, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
> > The modem is a USB modem and my experiences with debian and usb aren't
> > that good
>
> Ditch it, get a real DSL bridge (ie, ethernet to dsl) instead of that
> USB piece of crap.  That's the easiest, possibly only, way.

If you really want to use only USB, you must have your kernel compiled
with CDCEther.o module (and USB of course).
And good advice if you experince trouble with hardware - try to start
Knoppix - it can help a lot with configuring devices.

Karol

--

|       Karol Czachorowski <narel(at)fantastyka.net>	|
|       JID: narel(at)jabber.org           GG: 2786028	|