Re: Sound card AC 97 Integrated problem. Programs for listening music, watching videos.

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 01:38:56PM +0100, Jan Andrzej wrote:
snip [...]
> >  you need these modules: ac97_codec, i810_audio,
> > soundcore, sound; then  add yourself to the group
> > audio.
> How can I get these modules?

AFAIK, these are the module names compiled with the standard Debian kernel, which you can add in via "modconf", run
as root, of course.

> When I run 'make menuconfig' I cannot find in section
> sound
> any of ac97_codec, i810_audio, soundcore, sound.

What kernel?!

>  I compiled into kernel(make menuconfig:sound:intel
> ICH (i8xx) audio support.
> Is that correct driver for that sound card?

Rodrigo is saying that you need all four modules in order for sound to function, of course you can compile them
directly into the kernel if you want...

HTH

Eamon Roque.