Re: debian-user-digest Digest V2003 #1796

You could try apt-listchanges package which will present you with a list of all updates to your system (not to sure about removed packages though). This can be viewed during the installation process and/or results mailed to a user.

It might not be exactly what you want, but it should do some of it.
Johnny.