Re: Easy firewall advice

> I have a stock Woody system with Gnome 1.4 running, connected to the
> 'net via a 802.11b connection. I want to put a simple firewall on there,
> just to keep things locked down a little more than they are now.
>
> Is there anything real simple, user-friendly, configure-and-forget
> available for Woody? I'm used to ZoneAlarm for Windows, so that gives
> somewhat of an idea of how much I know about firewalls.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I've had good experience with firestarter. It's a gtk program to set up a
firewall. I only tried the version in Sid but it worked pretty well.

It asks you some pretty simple questions (do you want to run any service,
etc.) and then sets up a basic firewall for you. Then you can fine tune it
if you want.

Hope that helps,
Bijan