Re: freeswan 1.99 in woody

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 05:54, Jody Grafals wrote:
> This is a really basic question but I just can't seem to find an answers
> I think  I'm just looking in the wrong direction. any advice would
> greatly appreciated.
>
> I want to install freeswan_1.99-6_i386.deb(unstable)  in my woody
> system how do I solve the dependency problems?  Ive tried download all
> the dependent files from the debian web site and just installing them
> with "dpkg -i" but then I go from dependency problems to conflicts. This
> all seems so complicated I know debian must have a better way.

Are you using apt-get? There is a system called apt which has a command
called apt-get. apt-get is the most wonderful thing. Try the following:

	apt-get install freeswan

And that's that. It will manage all the dependencies.

rgh

--
"It is possible to make things of great complexity out of things
 that are very simple. There is no conservation of simplicity"

Richard Heycock <rgh@roughage.com.au>
tel : 0410 646 369
key fingerprint : 909D CBFA C669 AC2F A937  AFA4 661B 9D21 EAAB 4291